Hi friends! Hope your week is going well. I’ve been super run-down this week and woke up with a scratchy throat this morning. I’ve been hittin’ the tea with honey and ice cream….hard. Hoping to get to bed early and then be good as new tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
Today I’m super excited to share a healthy, easy, and delicious recipe with you guys! It is gluten free for all you gluten-free peeps out there. I made a large batch to keep in the fridge and eat for lunches this week. Try it out! Let me know what you think!
2 medium spaghetti squashes
1 package of mild italian chicken sausages
1 bag of baby spinach
1 jar of alfredo sauce
1 package of gluten-free crackers
1 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450*. Halve both spaghetti squash and place inside up on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for ~45 minutes or until you can drag a fork through the squash and “spaghetti” forms.
- While to spaghetti squash is in the oven, cut the chicken sausage into small discs and cook to your preference. Most chicken sausage come already cooked but I like to brown them in a frying pan.
- In a separate frying pan, sauté baby spinach with some garlic.
- Once the spaghetti squash is done, run a fork through it from all sides and place the spaaghetti in a large baking dish. Add the spinach, chicken sausage and alfredo sauce, mix well.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top
- Crush up the gluten-free crackers and place those on top
- Place in a 350* oven for 20 minues